Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ5 EQ AZ Mount Tripod
£1,299.00 VAT inc
The Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6GT is an exciting evolutionary development of the hugely successful NEQ6 PRO.
The AZ-EQ5GT is a dual purpose, fully functional computerised heavy-duty Go-To Tracking astronomical mount in both Alt-Azimuth (AZ) and Equatorial (EQ) modes.
Delivery In 1-5 Days
Supplied with a Synscan computerised handset with dual AZ/EQ firmware, it can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its database.
In EQ mode, the AZ-EQ5GT is designed for either visual use or precise astro-imaging.
In AZ mode, it is primarily intended for visual use, and in this mode, two telescopes can be mounted simultaneously in parallel.
A great feature of the AZ-EQ5GT is the patented ‘Freedom-Find’ dual-encoder technology. This allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information. This gives the user enormous freedom, convenience and flexibility during observational sessions.
- Payload Capacity: 15kg (EQ Mode) or 15kg+15kg (Alt-AZ Dual-Mode)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 0-90°
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: Approx 15°
- Weight (excl. tripod & counterweights): 7.7kg
- Counterweights: 2 x 3.5kg
- Dovetail Saddles: 2 x 45mm (Accepts Sky-Watcher/Vixen type Dovetail Bars)
- Stainless Steel Tripod (1.75″ Legs)
- Counterweight Bar: 18mm Diameter, Length 162mm + 120mm Extension
- Motors: 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motors
- Transmission: 135:1 Worm Drive + 36:12 Timing Belt Drive + 64 Micro-Step/1.8° Stepper Motor Drive
- Gear Ratio: 810
- Resolution: 5184000 Counts/Rev (approx. 0.25 arc-second)
- Maximum Slewing Speed: 3.4°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Mode: Equatorial or Alt-Azimuth
- Auto-Guiding Speed: 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x & 1x
- Whisper Quiet Slewing
- PPEC Control in EQ Mode
- DSLR Electronic Shutter Release Ports: 2
- Autoguider Interface: Yes
- USB Interface: Yes
- Hand Controller: Synscan (42,900+ Object Database)
- Polar Alignment: Via Software Control (Polar Scope optional)
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 Arc-Minutes (RMS)
- Resolution of Aux R.A./Dec Axis Encoders: 5144 Counts/Rev., approx. 4.2 Arc-Minutes
- Power Requirement: DC 11-16V 2A (Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended)
Shipping carton weights (2):
48 x 48 x 34 Weight 9 Kg
93 x 29 x 34 Weight 13 Kg
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.