EQ8-Rh Pro Mount Pier Tripod
The Sky-Watcher EQ8-R Pro is an exciting evolutionary progression of the popular EQ8 Pro. The EQ8-R Pro is an extra heavy-duty, observatory class German equatorial mount, with a payload capacity of up to 50kg
Please Check Availability
Quiet in operation, the EQ8-R is supplied with the Synscan™ Go-To handset and can automatically find and track over 42,900 celestial objects from its extensive computer database.
Supplied complete with Sky-Watcher’s 20293 pier tripod. Two 10kg counterweights and the Synscan computerised handset are supplied. The mount is also compatible with the optional Synscan™ Wi-Fi adaptor and Synscan™ Pro Apps which can control the mount wirelessly.
The EQ8-Rh is identical to the EQ8-R model except the EQ8-Rh features a high-end Renishaw encoder on the R.A. axis which allows astro-photography without an autoguider.
Improvements over the previous EQ8 model include:
• Cable management system for reduced tangling.
• Improved Connectivity
• Improved installation position of motors for improved balance.
• Improved clutch mechanism provides more holding strength.
• Improved dovetail groove knob for added comfort and increased locking power.
• Belt drive on the DEC axes for quiet slewing (now belt driven on BOTH axes)
• High Resolution Renishaw Encoder on R.A. Axis allows Unguided Astro-Photography
**Please note Freedom-Find encoders are not present on the EQ8-Rh**
- Payload Capacity (excl. counterweights): 50kg
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 10° to 65°
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: +/- 10°
- Mount Head Weight (excl. tripod): 25.8kg
- Pier Tripod (optional): 29.4kg
- Counterweights: 2 x 10kg
- Counterweight Rod: 2.6kg
- Power Requirement: 11 to 16 Volts DC (Higher voltage preferred), 55W
- Motors: 0.9° Hybrid Stepper Motor (Both axes belt driven)
- Transmission: 435:1 Worm Drive + 256 Micro-Step/0.9° Stepper Motor
- Resolution: 44,544,000 Counts/Rev, approx 0.03 Arc-Second
- Resolution of R.A. High Resolution Renishaw Encoder: 11,840,000 Counts/Rev., approx. 0.11 arc-second
- Maximum Slewing Speed: 3.7° per Second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar Rates
- Auto-Guiding Speeds: 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x & 1x
- PPEC: 200 Segments Permanent PEC
- Polar Alignment: By software control or optional Polarscope
- Hand Controller: Synscan with 42,900+ Object Database
- Control also possible with Synscan Pro Application for Windows via USB, Synscan Pro App for iOS and Android with optional Wi-Fi Dongle
- 4 x USB Ports and 3 x Power Outlets for Peripheral Devices
- Paired RJ10, RJ12 and RJ45 modular jacks
- DSLR Snap Port / Batch Exposures Function
- Auto Home Function
- Synscan Celestial Object Catalogue: Messier, NGC, IC, SAO, Caldwell, Double-Star, Variable Star, Named Star, Planets
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc-minutes (RMS)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.