Celestron X-Cel LX 2.3mm
With a wide field of view of 60° and 6-element fully multi-coated optics for magnificent wide field performance.
Delivery In 1-5 Days
X-Cel LX Eyepieces – General Features
- Wide field of view enhances views of the night sky through a single lens
- 6-element fully multi-coated optics create sharper images
- Extendable twist-up eyepieces are easier and more comfortable, especially for eyeglass wearers
- No slip, rubber grip ring for secure handling, even in moist conditions
- Parfocal eyepiece require little to no focusing when changing from low to high power
FOCAL LENGTHs (mm): 25 mm, 18mm, 12mm, 9mm, 7mm, 5mm, 2.3mm
ANGULAR FIELD OF VIEW (deg): 60 Degree
EYE RELIEF (mm): 16 mm (0.63 in)
OPTICAL COATINGS: Fully multi-coated
BARREL SIZE: 1.25 in (32 mm)
The replacement for the well regarded X-Cel eyepieces, the new X-Cel LX have a new prescription and a wider apparent field. I tested these originally in February 2011 in the forests of Finland at temperatures of -15o. They performed flawlessly, as they do in normal UK temperatures, both for astronomical use and even terrestrial use with the Regal spotters. Every focal length performs extremely well, to the point where it is difficult to point to a more desirable eyepiece under £200. They are equally good for planetary and lunar observing as they are for deep-sky with the longer focal lengths.
f you are a Regal owner and a birder, try the 18mm, 12mm and 9mm X-Cel LX eyepieces. The performances are superb. For sea-watching use the 18mm or 12mm with a single Baader polarizer.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may write a review.